ACCESS TO CMHSLC SERVICES DURING COVID-19
Community Mental Health Services of Livingston County is open for business and continues to provide for the behavioral health and substance use disorder needs of our consumers and our community members.
- EMERGENCY SERVICES We are providing emergency and crisis services 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. To access emergency services, call (517) 546-4126 or (800) 615-1245.
- STARTING SERVICES Persons seeking to begin new behavioral health or substance use services should contact our Intake and Access Department at (517) 546-4126 or (800) 615-1245.
- STEPPING STONES ENGAGEMENT CENTER Stepping Stones continues to provide substance use services on-site at 2020 East Grand River Ave, Howell. They operate 5:00 pm to 9:00 am on weekdays and 24 hours per day on weekends. You can contact at (517) 376-6262. SMART Recovery is also available by telehealth video each Saturday at 6 pm. Please call the program to provide your email for the video link in advance of the meeting.
- ROUTINE AND/OR ONGOING SERVICES We have suspended all routine/scheduled in-person contacts until further notice except for psychiatric, injection, ACT services and emergency services.
We have reassigned the majority of our staff to working remotely. Staff are maintaining contact with consumers and addressing their needs through a variety of technologies approved by the State of Michigan including telehealth video and phone options. In addition to addressing our consumer’s behavioral health needs, staff are also helping consumers to meet other basic needs such as food, housing resources, and access to medications or health care. We are working on the potential for adding other communication technologies to this remote work. If you need to reach your CMH staff person, please continue to use the method you have been using. Office phones are answered daily, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
We are maintaining a staff presence at our 2280 East Grand River Ave. and 622 East Grand River Ave., Howell, offices in order to conduct psychiatric, injection and emergency/crisis appointments. However, we recommend use of telehealth options whenever possible. Those buildings remain open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. All consumers and employees who enter those buildings during those hours will be screened at the door for health concerns, including taking temperatures, and alternatives to entering the building could be required.
- GENESIS HOUSE We have closed our Genesis House Clubhouse Program site to consumers but staff continue to provide ongoing support remotely to clubhouse members with twice daily meetings and shared clubhouse work.
- HEATHER OAKS DROP-IN CENTER The drop-in center is closed to the public until further notice.